Organizing Your Business
Stop putting out fires and start achieving your goals! With Ellen as your Business Organizing Professional, you’ll have the systems, mentoring, and accountability you need to go from cluttered catastrophe to consistent cash flow. Organized By L organizers will create systems to organize your time, space, and information. Ellen will teach and train you and your employees how to take control of paperwork, manage a hectic schedule, get more done in less time, and enhance productivity.
When you start your small business, you do it because you love that business. You may not necessarily love the “running the business” aspect.
- Are your files out of control?
- Do you have trouble finding things you need?
- Do you provide your accountant a jumbled mess at tax time?
A professional Organizer can help improve all these mundane tasks. We can also help you set up an archival system for your business paperwork. Keeping too much unnecessary paper around also limits your space to run your business. We will establish guidelines, so the important things are archived and the not so important things move onto the great shredder in the sky.
When it comes to helping you set up your own office filing system, here are a few tips:
- Clearly label and identify the contents of each and every file
- Consider color-coding the file folders. Use one color for financial documents, another for internal memos that need action, and yet another for human resources paperwork, etc.
- If part of your job involves maintaining several magazines or pamphlets that don’t have the name or issue number on the spine, group the materials by title, and label the shelves they are stored on accordingly.
Ellen Will Help
Disorganization is Costly
Having a disorganized office, disorganized methods, or even several disorganized employees could be costing your business money.
Many people just simply haven’t learned the skill of organizing. It’s not taught in schools, and you either picked it up along the way, or not. The average executive spends 3 hours per week looking for papers and other items*. With an annual salary of $50,000 per year at 40 hours a week that’s $3,823 lost each year that can be easily avoided. Multiply this example times 10 employees and the numbers become staggering at $38,230 per year.
Formula: Annual Salary/Hours Worked over the Year= Hourly Rate then 156 hours x hourly rate=lost money annually. Statistics provided by the National Association of Professional Organizers)
Your office can be personalized in a range of colors and finishes to complement your style. You can complete your perfect workspace by adding accessories to store documents and keep your supplies within reach.